Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Goodiebox August Box

I'm loving my Goodie Boxes.


This months one was a week late - they had some technical issues regarding water damage.

My sister was overly eager to get into it, so no unboxing pictures, unfortunately, but it contained the usual pink tissue and shredded confetti.

ONTO THE PRODUCTS!





SebaMed Face & Body Wash.
Full Size $21.99 (200ml).  Sample: $4.39 (40ml).


I got two samples (both 20ml) and used it a few times in the shower.  Its just your stock standard gentle cleanser.  It does what it says on the box.  




Puretopia Instant Moisturiser.
Full Size $25.99 (50ml).  Sample: $4.15 (8ml).


Haven't used these yet because, honestly, I have a LOT of moisturiser, and I tend to steer away from single-use sachets, purely because I never use the "recommended" amount and will alway use a smaller amount than needed.  Once I run out of the current one I'm using (I'm still on the tiny sample bottle from Samplebar) I'll transfer the contents into that container.  

Product looks good though!





Maybelline New York Dream Pure BB Cream.
Full Size $19.95 (30ml).  Sample: $4.65 (7ml - 1 week sample).


Again with the non-seal-able packets!   I don't know if you're meant to use the whole 1ml each day, but I hardly ever (and I mean hardly ever) wear makeup.  I used literally HALF a sachet on my face and still felt like I was wearing caked on makeup.  

Yes, it reduced my redness, and it looked pretty natural, and I'm sure that my skin would benefit from the salicylic acid (10 points if you know what its 'common' name is - leave me a comment if you know).  Maybe I'll start wearing it more.  It's cheap enough at any rate.




Batiste Dry Shampoo (Blush Scented).
Full Size $7.99 (50ml). 


I have a tonne of dry shampoo now.  I bought some, then got 2 cans in quick succession.  It's always the way, aye.  You buy something and then, kablam, you get it in the mail a week later.

It smells good, and it's small enough to go in the handbag.  

Great for nights out when you're going to be away from water for a while, or going to be getting hot or sweaty.  It'll soak up the excess oil, leave a gorgeous fragrance and make your hair a bit more bouncy.




Revlon Nail Enamel (Plum Baby).
Full Size $22 (10ml). 


Love it or hate it, Revlon is here to stay.  It's not cruelty free (good going, China... making companies test on animals is meaniepants) but they have a large range of products.  

This is a pretty interesting shade.  It's a berry/plum/pink shade with a hint of blue undertone.  Despite the pinkness, its a very neutral shade on the nail.  Not outrageous, not "grandma" toned, but I'd be able to rock it at an office interview with no problems.  

Dear Revlon, please stop testing on animals.



 

Stila Glaze Lip Liner Pencil (Brown).
Full Size $38.00 (1.2g).

"Why would anyone want a brown lipliner?" I hear you ask... 
To go with the brown lipgloss from the last box!  

The colours are surprisingly close, and I would wear this if I was going out to dinner at a posh restaurant.  Classy.  

Pair it with the Revlon Plum Baby polish, the Astor lipgloss and eyeshadow from the last box, and your favourite LBD, and you've got a killer combo right there.




Home Essentials Friars Balsalm.
Full Size $10.99 (50ml). 


Just what every household needs:  antiseptic liquid.  

I wonder if this would work on animals for cuts and scratches? 

Wikipedia says that it is good for increasing grip on adhesive bandaids, lightening and brightening the skin, adding to cleansers and other interesting things


Goodie Box August Box 
Total cost:  $24.90.  Total value: $92.17

Woop!  Thats more like it!


This month brought some good stuff, stuff that I was wanting to try without the commitment (BB Cream) and some polish (YAY!).  The Friars Balsalm will come in handy because I am a supreme clutz (seriously, ask anyone... I carry bandaids on me as a general rule).  

Can't wait for the next box!